PeriopSim is available for Android Tablets. This article has instructions on where to download from and how to install the application.
PeriopSim for Android is available via the Google Play Store and you may wish to use the Store to download your application. The instructions are Installing PeriopSim from Google Play
This version of PeriopSim is being distributed as a standalone application in an apk and not via third party app stores. This will require you to accept or or modify security settings for installation. If in doubt please contact your machine Administrator or IT department to ensure correct installation for your facility.
- Download the apk file - normally arrives in your Downloads folder.
- Your Android system should auto-recognize the apk download and launch the installer.
- If requested accept the download from an external source.
You may get a warning from Google Play Protect not recognizing the app developer as this is a private release. You can select "Install Anyway" to install the PeriopSim App.
Getting an account:
- If you have already used another PeriopSim application e.g. iPad the same account login gives you access.
- If you need a new account and have not been assigned one by your educator then request access via your educator and that way your access and account will be linked to your facility subscription.
- If you are just trying PeriopSim and wish to register for a Free account and use the Preview content you can do so via the Register button.
Educators - as with the other PeriopSim applications it is best that you invite your Learners via their business emails as this prevent unnecessary confusion over whether or not an Learner account exists and does it have access to the subscription.
First Run: now that the application is downloaded and installed you can move onto to first use.
- To access the PeriopSim content use the Login button along with your email and password.
- Select Single Player mode unless instructed otherwise.
- Modules must be downloaded before being used for the first time. Afterwards they are cached for future use including while offline.
- Modules to be downloaded have a Cloud symbol which changes to a Play symbol when downloaded and ready for use.
If you or your Learners have any issues setting up, have them send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of what they are experiencing and we'll connect with them directly to get setup.