The best way to set up Focus 3 headsets for large organizations is with the VIVE Business Device Management System. This is where a batch configuration file can be created using the PeriopSim VR non-DRM APK
Before installing a new batch configuration file, ensure that the VIVE Focus 3 headset is using the latest firmware version before rebooting from a batch configuration file. You can check this by going to Settings > General > About then check the system version
Also, a factory reset on the VIVE Focus 3 must be performed before installing your batch configuration fileOnce these steps have been completed, you are now ready for the installation.
- Copy the batch configuration package (ZIP file) and key to a microSD card or USB-C memory stick. Before use, make sure your microSD card or USB -C memory stick is formatted to FAT32 or exFAT.
- Important: Do not change the batch configuration file name or key file name to avoid errors (the files should always be named < RichuImage.zip and key >
- Batch configuration packages are encrypted for security and can only be used with a key. Download the key and copy it into the root folder of the USB-C memory stick with the batch configuration package
- Important: Do not copy the batch configuration package and key into a folder, the two files must be placed in the root directory. The headset will not be able to detect the files otherwise
- Make sure the headset is powered off before inserting the microSD card or USB-C memory stick into the headset. Once the microSD card or USB-C memory stick has been inserted, power on the headset
To ensure the batch configuration package has been installed, you can check the package name on the headset. Here's how - Go to Settings > General > About, and then check the package name in > Latest batch Configuration. For reference, the name of the batch configuration file should be similar to < 20230119_22527663 >