We want you to have the best experience possible with our PeriopSim Traveling VR Demo Kit while you have it! We hope these instructions make it so!
Before starting, here are a couple of links to help you get better familiar and started with the HTC VIVE Focus 3 headset -
About the VIVE Focus 3 Headset
Preparing the VR headset for use:
In order to make your experience with the Traveling VR kit as smooth as possible, we have configured the headset in a way that should provide for quick and easy setup
- Once the headset has been powered on, the headset should prompt you to set up a room boundary. Here is a link to the instructions for further reference.
- Once you have completed setting up your room boundary, you should then be prompted to connect to your local Wi-Fi network.
- If you are presented with a captive portal screen while trying to connect to a public-access Wi-Fi network, open the VIVE web browser and the browser should open up the screen required by the guest network. Proceed to login to your Wi-Fi network
- If for any reason you pass this menu, you can still access it by going to Settings, select Connectivity > Wi-Fi (2.4/5 GHz) and then connect to your local network. You can also access Wi-Fi settings by pressing the VIVE button on the right controller, and then select More > Wi-Fi.
Once connected, you should be shown a quick system and headset wearing tutorial video. Once these are complete the headset should automatically place you in the HTC Lobby where you will see the HTC Library. Click PeriopSim VR where you will enter your PeriopSim account information (email and password)
If the headset or controllers requires charging, follow these instructions:
Charging the controllers:
- The controllers use rechargeable batteries. You will want to charge them periodically using the splitter cable.
- Charge the controllers by plugging them into the headset using the included splitter cable
Important: The headset must be turned on to charge the controllers
- It is recommended to connect the headset to a power outlet when you're using the headset to charge the controllers
- You can also charge the controllers with your own USB charging block. The charger should have an output of at least 10 watts. Important: Please note if trying to charge your controllers through a USB port which is not a dedicated charging block the amount of time needed for a full charge will drastically be increased. It is recommended to use a dedicated USB charging block
- To verify the controllers are charging, ensure that you see the orange LED indicator light active on both controllers
Charging the headset:
- Charge the headset with the included AC adapter by connecting the AC adapter to a power outlet, and then connecting it to the headset via the port on the back of the headset above the LED indicator
Important: Charging the headset while in use is not recommended
- You can charge the battery separately with the same adapter and port