PeriopSim is available for MS Windows 10 PCs. This article has instructions on how to install the application.
UPGRADING from version 1.0.x
If you are upgrading from an earlier version which was not downloaded from the Microsoft Store it is recommended that you logout and uninstall the older version. If you do not you may see two applications and shortcuts and the older version will not be automatically deleted or upgraded by the new Microsoft Store version.
During the upgrade your data is secure on the PeriopSim Learning system servers and your login details will not change.
WINDOWS 10 S-MODE
Microsoft Windows Store and S-Mode. If you get re-directed to the Windows Store your PC night be running in S-Mode (or Store Mode). This is an optional mode which only allows applications to be downloaded from the Microsoft Windows Store.
For further information see Using Windows in S-Mode
- Find the application profile and description in the Store
- Click the blue Get button
- The installer will download and install PeriopSim.
- When installed you will have the option to launch the application immediately..
Getting an account:
- If you have already used another PeriopSim application e.g. iPad the same account login gives you access.
- If you need a new account and have not been assigned one by your educator then request access via your educator and that way your access and account will be linked to your facility subscription.
- If you are just trying PeriopSim and wish to register for a Free account and use the Preview content you can do so via the Register button.
Educators - as with the other PeriopSim applications it is best that you invite your Learners via their business emails as this prevent unnecessary confusion over whether or not an Learner account exists and does it have access to the subscription.
First Run: Now that the application is downloaded and installed you can move onto to first use.
- To access the PeriopSim content use the Login button along with your email and password.
- Select Single Player mode unless instructed otherwise.
- Modules must be downloaded before being used for the first time. Afterwards they are cached for future use including while offline.
- Modules to be downloaded have a Cloud symbol which changes to a Play symbol when downloaded and ready for use.
If you or your Learners have any issues setting up, have them send an email to email@example.com with details of what they are experiencing and we'll connect with them directly to get setup.