PeriopSim is now available for Apple Mac OS. This article has instructions on where to download from and how to install the application.
PeriopSim is currently being distributed as a standalone application in a dmg file and not via third party or Apple app stores.
This may cause issues with some anti-virus, security or IT policies. Please contact your machine administrator or IT department to ensure correct installation for your facility.
A common issue is that Apple MacOS will issue a warning similar to:
"...cannot be opened because Apple cannot check it for Malicious Software.." as the application is not currently available via the Apple Mac App Store.
You can override this warning using this article Malicious Application Warning
- Download the dmg file - normally arrives in your Downloads folder.
- Double click to launch it.
- Drag PeriopSim to the Applications folder
- Eject the PeriopSim drive using Finder by right clicking on it and selecting Eject
- You may wish to install a dock icon for quicker launching. Navigate using Finder to the PeriopSim icon in the Applications folder. Click the icon and drag it out of the Finder window and onto the Dock. An icon for this item now appears on the Dock.
Getting an account:
- If you have already used another PeriopSim application e.g. iPad the same account login gives you access.
- If you need a new account and have not been assigned one by your educator then request access via your educator and that way your access and account will be linked to your facility subscription.
- If you are just trying PeriopSim and wish to register for a Free account and use the Preview content you can do so via the Register button.
Educators - as with the other PeriopSim applications it is best that you invite your Learners via their business emails as this prevent unnecessary confusion over whether or not an Learner account exists and does it have access to the subscription.
First Run: Now that the application is downloaded and installed you can move onto to first use.
- This application is from an untrusted developer and may need to be trusted to run for the first time. See Apple's information on this topic here Safely open apps on your Mac
- Open your Applications folder and scroll to the PeriopSim icon.
- Right Click and select Open which will launch a dialogue which will challenge you to accept or reject the opening. Please say yes!
- To access the PeriopSim content use the Login button along with your email and password.
- Select Single Player mode unless instructed otherwise.
- Modules must be downloaded before being used for the first time. Afterwards they are cached for future use including while offline.
- Modules to be downloaded have a Cloud symbol which changes to a Play symbol when downloaded and ready for use.
If you or your Learners have any issues setting up, have them send an email to email@example.com with details of what they are experiencing and we'll connect with them directly to get setup.